Demand for accommodation in Orange is generally running very high. This is due to business requirements (mining in particular) and a succession of sporting and social gatherings - golf tournaments, Little Athletics, and many others.
We advise visitors to Orange for our Great Volcanic event to plan their accommodation needs as early as possible and we offer links to Orange City Council and Cabonne Shire Council websites (see Useful Links page) to assist in finding B&B's, caravan parks, motels, etc
We are able to offer limited, economy accommodation at the Canobolas Scout Camp which is available on the night prior to our event, i.e. Saturday, 23-March.
Canobolas Scout Camp is offering either Bunkhouse or Camping accommodation on the night
of Saturday, 23-March-2013.
- The bunkhouse is limited to 48 people at $40 per person for the night and requires you bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and towel.
- There are unlimited places for camping at $30 per person for the night.
- Breakfast on Sunday morning is included in these prices.
- On Saturday evening there is the offer of a 3 course 'Carb Load' dinner (pasta and pizza) at $25 per person - subject to minimum bookings of 10.
- Bookings may be made direct to Great Volcanic as part of your entry, either via online or printed form.
- Location of the Scout Camp is 96 Lake Canobolas Road, very convenient to the Start location of the Great Volcanic event on Sunday morning.
- Coordinates for the entry to the Camp are: -33.30334, 149.02524
- Driving south on Lake Canobolas Road you will pass a clearly signposted entry to Lake Canobolas on the left. Continue a further 200m and the entry to the Camp is on the right hand side. See image below.
- A closeup of the Scout sign in the entrance driveway looks like this -