- Online entries accepted up to Wednesday, 22-Mar-17
- Late Entries on Saturday 25-Mar, 2pm to 5pm, see 'Race Packs:'
- 'Enter on the Day' (EOD) will be available
- Enter as an Individual or a Team (incl. Family), but not both
- Individual entries are either Junior (under 18 yrs) or Senior (18 and over)
- Entry fees include shuttle bus return to Registration area at
Towac Pinnacle Picnic Ground. The buses operate until 12 noon
- Race packs will not be posted to participants.
- The packs, including Race No. bibs and any shirts ordered, will be available at the
Registration Area from 7:30am on race day.
- This year an additional race pack pick-up will be available at
Orange Visitors Centre on the day before - Sat 25-Mar-17. 2pm to 5pm.
- Where possible please take advantage of the Saturday pick up to reduce the rush on
race day morning.
- Late Entries will also be accepted at this location (Individuals, Families, cash payment only).
- There will be two Start times: 9am and 9:10am.
- With electronic timing mats at the Start and Finish there is no handicap in starting with
the second wave at 9:10am.
- Your wave assignment will be indicated on the label attached to your race pack.
- With growing numbers in the event safety becomes more important. The objective of
having a two wave Start is to allow top runners to complete their descent of Mt Towac
before slower contestants commence their ascent.
- Please respect your wave assignment to assist with this goal.
- There is no public transport to the Registration/Start area
- Portaloo toilets will be available near Registration area. There are public toilets
at the summit of Mount Canobolas
- A 'Clothing Return' is available, a box will be placed near the Start and taken to the
Finish area at the summit during the run
- All finishers will receive a commemorative medal, and a certificate citing their name,
time and category placing will be available online.
- Please note that dogs will not be permitted on the course or any associated area,
e.g. Registration, Start and Finish areas.
- What to wear? That depends on your ability. Trainers that fit firmly on the feet are
important to deal with gravel roads and bush tracks. Consider sunscreen, hats and water.
- Pinnacle Physiotherapy will be offering massage services before and after the event.
Look for their marquee near the Registration point.
- Food and Drink:
Coffee van at Registration Area from 8amCold drinks, tea, coffee, BBQ sausage and steak sandwiches on sale
at Registration Area after the eventWater stations (3) along course
Water and water melon available at Finish
- At the Registration/Start areas parking will be over three or four areas. Please assist
by following directions from the Parking Marshals to achieve maximum efficiency with
the space available.
- Spectators wishing to park at the summit must also follow directions from Parking
Marshals as space is extremely limited.
start is just 12 km from the centre of Orange. There are signs at all turns.
from Bathurst, Cowra or Dubbo, follow the Great Volcanic Mountain
Challenge signs from the large roundabout, corner of Summer Street
and Woodward Road, Orange.
south on Woodward Rd for 1km, turn right into Racecourse Road, cross
bridge and continue south. The road becomes Pinnacle Road
and winds its way to Towac
Pinnacle Picnic Ground assembly area.
(Coordinates: -33.3465, 149.0295)
- Please take your time on this road, it is narrow with some tight turns.
- Allow 30 minutes for travel from Orange, parking and walking to Registration Area.
- There is a topographical map of the course available for download from The Course page.
- This is not a training map as such but could be useful for those wishing to get familiar
with the course.